A slogan is a powerful tool in any campaign, and plays a very important role in deciding the outcome of an impending election. Choosing catchy campaign slogans becomes all the more important at the beginning of your movement, if you want people to know what you're about, and what you stand for - plus, something that catches the eye, or stays lodged in the mind is bound to ensure visibility and recall, both of extreme importance in any promotional endeavor. Whether you're in high school, looking to get elected to the student council, or launching a political campaign, the following funny and catchy campaign slogans should help you get started.
Slogans for High School
High school elections are the best place to use funny campaign slogans, and get away with it. Humor is a good tool to use when coming up with catchy slogans, and in high school, your contemporaries are more than likely to appreciate sometimes outlandish or impertinent campaign ideas.
There are a number of ways to use slogans for kids as well, whether it is to build awareness about a person, an act, or a concept. When in school, kids can contribute to building campaign slogans for all sorts of projects - against drug use, bullying or even welcoming new kids.
The following are some examples:
- Vote for (Name), she'll restore the bathroom.
- I've upped my standards. Up yours.
- My opponent likes Ricky Martin. Vote for me.
- "Free Drinks On Me" Hang these signs with your picture, on all water fountains.
- Vote for (Name). If you do, he'll win.
- If Bush can do it, God knows I can too!
- Vote for (Name)! Sanity is overrated!
- I know where you live. Vote for (Name)
- Please Vote For Me...I Already Told My Mom I Won!
- Vote for (Name) or he'll cry like a little girl
Catchy Political Campaign Slogans
A political campaign needs to address serious voters, and very often, particular areas of concern. Using a catchy slogan is a prerequisite to getting people's attention, and thereby their votes. Many successful politicians owe much of their success to campaign slogans that won them support - it isn't always possible to address every individual issue, but a slogan that indicates your approach and leanings can help sway a voter your way.
Some famous presidential campaign slogans are:
- A chicken in every pot and a car in every garage - Herbert Hoover
- It's morning again in America - Ronald Reagan
- Vote yourself a farm - Abraham Lincoln
- Peace and prosperity - Dwight Eisenhower
- Patriotism, protection and prosperity - William McKinley
- Don't stop thinking about tomorrow - Bill Clinton
- Change we can believe in - Barack Obama
- Change we need - Barack Obama
- Yes we can! - Barack Obama
The following are some catchy campaign slogans you can use for a political campaign:
- Time for change.
- New leader. New vision. New direction.
- Secure your future.
- Vote for tomorrow.
- Be the change.
- Progress you know.
- Citizen, not politician.
- I win, you win.
Campaign slogans have been used to great advantage in advertising campaigns. Depending on the target market and the image the brand wants to cultivate, an advertising team works out the slogan that fits in with what the brand wants to stand for. Some of the most successful advertising campaigns have established brands as household names, with a simple catchy slogan.
The following are some famous successful marketing campaign slogans:
- The future's bright, the future's Orange - Orange
- A diamond is forever - DeBeers
- Just do it - Nike
- We drink all we can. The rest we sell - Utica Club
- Maybe she's born with it. Maybe it's Maybelline - Maybelline
- Because you're worth it - L'Oreal
- Always Coca Cola - Coca Cola
- Open Up - Nescafe
Catchy campaign slogans give you a jump start - there's no doubt about it. Whether it's winning an election, or spreading awareness, a campaign slogan will go a long way in ensuring your voice is heard. Pay attention to the message you want to send out, and the image you want to build - with a good slogan, I'd say close to half your work is done!