You have tried the tested methods to spread the news about your business venture. The ads have been placed in the papers, the flyers have been handed out, and you are ready to put up that hoarding at the busiest corner in the city. But, there may be something that you may have missed out. In a world besotted with the Internet, you need to make your presence felt online. It could actually do wonders for your firm, and what better way to do this than to jump on to the most popular websites on the web, Facebook.
Thanks to the social networking site, it is now possible to create business pages on the website to advertise your company. But, what is the process to do this? Do you want to learn the process of creating a business page on the most popular social networking site of our times? We tell you everything that you would want to know about this procedure.
Creating a Facebook Business Page
What is the necessity of creating a business page on Facebook? Simply enough, it allows business owners to administer their accounts and ad campaigns on the site. In order to avoid spamming and inconvenience to users, Facebook restricts business accounts in a lot of ways. These accounts do not have access to all information. They cannot view the profile of users on the site or any content that is not on the page that they subscribe to.
Also, they cannot be searched for and cannot accept or send out friend requests. Facebook also has a strict policy regarding multiple accounts and therefore, you can either have a business account or a personal profile. Despite all of this, creating a page like this is a very good idea. It allows you to merge information from other websites, allows you to share links about your business, stream information from your blog, etc.
So, how do you create this profile? Just follow the simple steps given below.
- In order to set up a business page, you first need to click on the option, to create a page for a celebrity, band or business.
- Once you have done this, you will be asked to choose the category for the business and enter the name of the enterprise that you own or are marketing. You will then need to ensure authorization and create the page.
- If you do not have an account, then you will need to click on the option, I do not have an account, and you will need to enter an email id. Try and ensure that this email id is a professional one.
- You will also be required to upload an image and a tag line. It may be a good idea to upload an image that reflects the logo of your company.
- You will then be asked to add information to your profile by editing the info tab. The kind of information that you can input in will depend to a certain extent on the business category that you have selected.
- There are many basic applications that will help you garner more fans for your page. This includes the discussion boards where you can discuss different ideas, the events which will let your fans know about what you are doing, information about your business, notes that can allow you to share news with written articles, reviews where you can get people to give opinions about the products and services they offer, and even videos if possible. These are some of the tips that can help you make the page more popular.
- It may also be a good idea to edit your settings for the Wall and make decisions regarding where you would want a visitor on the page to be directed to first.
- Once you have made all these decisions, you can publish the profile and check whether or not you are completely satisfied with the appearance of the profile.
Once you have created your business page, you can start spreading the news and tell your clients and customers about it and ask them to become fans of the page to get more information. Once you have created the page, you need to track the views that you are getting and data on how popular the page is. This information can be garnered within 48 hours of publishing the page with the help of the Facebook application Insights. Using Facebook to market your business is a great way of getting more people to become your clients.