Insurance agents work for large insurance companies and sell policies to customers. They also work for government controlled companies in addition to the corporates. They get paid on a commission basis, which means that, the more business generated by the agent, more is the commission he earns.
However, for generating more business, knowledge of marketing is essential. Good marketing is necessary for any business to succeed and insurance is no exception.
Unique Marketing Strategies
Generally, there are many doubts in the minds of common people regarding insurance. Agents have the responsibility of explaining to the people which insurance is essential, how much should the cover be, the benefits, the premium, and the terms and conditions related to the policy.
Answering all doubts related is a must and for this, they should be knowledgeable enough. The agents will be able to explain the details to their prospective clients, only if they are able to reach out to them. Hence, here are some ideas that you can employ to reach out to people, and grow your business.
- Organizing health fairs and seminars is also a great way to let people know about your company. At health fairs, you can push for various products related to health insurance and this will help you grow your customer base.
- Attractive visiting cards are also a must-have. Whenever you meet a prospective customer, you can exchange visiting cards and can give him a call later as per his convenience.
- Brochures can be distributed, and hoardings giving information about the cover can also be put up.
- You can write a column about health and other policies in popular newspapers.
- Advertising on the Internet is the best way due to its growth and reach.
- You can market your insurance product by taking into consideration the target group. For example, if you are marketing a product for people in the age group of 25-35, you can consider advertising on various social media websites, which are frequented by people in this age group.
- Providing good service to the existing clients is imperative to succeed in this business. So, you should stay in contact with your existing clients by sending them e-mails and post cards, and by informing them about the due payments, the status of their policy, information regarding new products launched in the market, etc.