Exhibitions and trade shows are no more about acquiring a small place, putting up a table, and sitting whole day, answering the queries that your viewers have. It's about devising newer ways of attracting customers, maintaining relationships with the ones who become loyal to your brand, and maximizing the financial resources.
During the start up phase of any small scale business, a trade show works in favor of your brand name. And since, we're talking about important tips and tricks to make a trade show successful, here's the first bit - don't wait for something to happen. Deck out and make things happen!
Essential Tips for a Successful Trade Show
There's one thing about trade shows. They're an awesome selling medium. They're low cost, and a fantastic way to reach new prospects. If you have even the slightest of idea about how much can they influence your brand's future, you know you'll give away everything you have to make your trade show a successful one.
So, here goes some extremely essential tips and tricks to turn your trade show into a winner:
- Make use of all communication marketing tools such as public relations, billboards, e-mails, telemarketing, and advertising specialties to win your attendees' attention. Your success will depend upon how much do you offer your visitors in terms of information and assistance.
- Train your staff members with respect to the information they are required to provide, the impression they need to have on the visitors, and the following up. For example, if an attendee seems to be a potential customer, your staff members should know how to follow up with him by setting up an appointment, a phone call, and carry the procedure forward.
- Every attendee that attends a trade show, expects to take back goodies along. So, provide your attendees with trade show giveaways they can take back home, and contemplate about. It could be anything - a pen, a booklet, a key ring, or other inexpensive stuff that can promote your brand well.
- Many a time, companies appear to be much more comfortable calling their present customers who they have been working with for years, and update them about the latest offerings. However, they miss out on newer opportunities. Note that, for a corporate enterprise to grow, making the maximum use of newer opportunities is what a trade shows main aim is.
- If you are in possession of a product that is capable of fulfilling a customer's requirements, he or she will contact you, if only you target them. Don't concentrate on fulfilling the needs of old customers. There is a potential customer in every new attendee who wants to know about your offerings.
- Display maximum interest in clearing the doubts your visitors have. It looks unprofessional to chit-chat with your fellow staff members, while a prospect is wandering around your booth for information. Also, don't chew gums while talking to the visitors. In a nutshell, your level of professionalism will mark the success of your trade show.
Agreed, carrying out a successful trade show isn't easy. But it ain't difficult either, if you get a hang of the essentials. Believe in the product you are selling, and pick your Unique Selling Point. Create a strategy and make it known to your staff members. Mastering the basics is the ultimate secret tip to make a trade show successful, and nothing else.