Finding an excellent Pay-Per-Click (PPC) agency isn’t always easy. Many entrepreneurs and small business owners rely on word-0f-mouth suggestions or a google search to make their decision.
However, when it comes to your marketing dollars, there’s a lot at stake. Find the right PPC agency, and you could generate a ton of high quality leads. Work with the wrong PPC agency, and you could drain your marketing budget for little return.
There are a few steps you need take to find an agency that works for you. Let’s dive in and take a look.
First, Determine if You Need a PPC Agency
Not all businesses need to invest in PPC or digital marketing. Deciding whether it’s right for you is the first step to finding an agency.
If you already know you want to invest in PPC marketing, here’s how you should decide on hiring an agency. Do you:
- Know how to manage your PPC efforts on your own?
- Have the time to manage your PPC campaigns?
- Already work with a marketing agency that handles PPC marketing?
If you answered “no” to all of these questions, you need a PPC agency.
Second, Decide What You Want in a PPC Agency
You probably know all PPC agencies are not created equal. Some are better at specific niches, while others don’t have a reputation for success.
There are specific characteristics you should look at when it comes to choosing an agency for yourself. Here are a few critical attributes of great PPC agencies.
- They have the expertise to succeed in both PPC and your industry. It’s better to work with a company that focuses specifically on PPC, as they’re more likely to understand and pay attention to the essential aspects of your campaign.
- Any PPC agency should be transparent and willing to share their findings. If you come against an agency that doesn’t want to dive into the details — avoid them.
- PPC agencies should care about your opinion and how you want to present yourself. In other words, they should give you some control over your campaign and look to you when it comes to big decisions.
Third, Start Asking Questions
If you end up finding an agency you feel good about, it’s time to ask them questions. Don’t be afraid to dig in and get to the heart of what’s important to you.
Before meeting with them, put your questions down on paper. Commit to asking them so you walk away with the information you need.
Here are some great questions to ask a PPC agency you’re considering.
- How long have you been in PPC advertising?
- How many dedicated account reps do you have managing your PPC campaigns?
- How will you share data with me?
- What is your reporting structure, and what metrics do you typically track?
- Do you work only in AdWords or across multiple platforms? If multiple, which ones?
- Do you offer other digital advertising services? If so, how do you split your time between those and PPC?
You should walk away from a meeting with potential PPC agencies confident that your working relationship will be collaborative and transparent. After all, these qualities are the keys to a successful working relationship.