Email marketing software is one small step on your path to a marketing automation strategy.
Developing a digital marketing strategy means deciding which channel you want to use to get your message to your customer. Both email marketing software and marketing automation, along with several other digital tools, can help you accomplish that.
But how do they work together?
First — What is Marketing Automation?
Marketing automation software collects your customer data so you can use it to develop curated email strategies. Unlike your typical email marketing software, the addition of marketing automation allows for intricate email workflows.
For instance, if you plan to set up triggered emails such as a “Welcome” or “Thank You” message, having marketing automation as part of your platform is necessary.
Rather than scheduling a bunch of individual emails, automation platforms give you more control over what happens and when.
How Do Marketing Automation and Email Marketing Platforms Work Together?
These days, many email marketing software companies have built email automation into their platform. Companies like Hubspot and Pardot offer expanded functionality for large and small businesses. They work as both an email platform and an automation tool.
They have features such as:
- eCommerce Integrations
- Social Media Integrations
- Data & Analytics Tracking
- Email Workflows
- List Segregation
- Subscription maintenance.
How It Helps Your Strategy
The mix of email marketing software and marketing automation helps by allowing you to collect data you can use to target your customers more specifically. You no longer have to build individual emails and templates, schedule them to send on a single day, or guess when it is best to email your customer.
Nope. You get control and insight.
With marketing automation, you can:
- Welcome new email subscribers as soon as they sign up
- Get consumers back into your product workflow after they leave
- Encourage consumers to return to an abandoned cart
- Remind users where they left off
- Thank consumers for their purchase
- Gather feedback on your product
- Inform your subscribers of changes to their account or charges
- Send appointment reminders
These are just the tip of the iceberg. Marketing automation can amplify your email marketing to reach a customer right when they need to hear from you.
Marketing Automation Will Nurture Your Leads
According to a recent study, 50% of leads generated by companies are qualified but not warm. Meaning the leads are not prepped to make a purchase.
Email automation allows you to set up several key email messages, triggered by certain actions, that continue to nurture the lead after their initial communication.
With just 6 strategic and curated email messages, many businesses see their “cold leads” change to purchasers. The best way to position emails for leads is to create strategies such as:
- The benefits your product offers
- How you’re solving a problem for your customer
- Encouraging them to transition to your product
- A breakdown of tools and features you offer
- Case studies on your customer successes
- Free downloads of blogs, templates, calendars, etc
Between email marketing software and marketing automation — you have the tools you need to develop an incredible marketing strategy.